Saturday 27 October 2012

Kiku, Mayfair

It was time once again to meet up with the cousin and head for Japanese food. It’s a nice idea to make our way around recommended Japanese establishments and attempt their food. It was on this occasion to Kiku in Mayfair we headed for sushi.
It being Mayfair, the prices matched the name. We were seated at the counter to watch the chefs at their work. As I looked around the restaurant there were many Japanese customers which I took to be a good thing.
I didn’t really know what to order so we just got a selection of sushi. It was by far and away the best sushi I’ve eaten in London and indeed the best sushi I’ve had anywhere in my relatively limited experience of Japanese food.
The fish was incredibly fresh and just personified excellent quality. I'll let the pictures do the talking. It made me want to jump on a plane and head to Tokyo where I assume such quality is par for the course.

Kiku on Urbanspoon
Square Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment